5 Things Every Feline Owner Should Know About Kittens
Have you welcomed a new kitten into your home, or are you about to adopt a kitten? Congratulations are in order! A feline makes for a great animal companion that the whole family will enjoy. But it’s crucial that you become familiar with kittens and cats so you can safeguard their health and ensure that they develop into adult cats.
Five Facts About Kittens that You Will Want to Keep in Mind
At Meadows Cat Hospital, which is lead by Dr. Laura L. George, DVM, we take pride in offering the highest level of pet care to each of our feline patients. Our many years of veterinary experience have shown that future health problems can be avoided when you pay close attention to your kitten during its earliest stages of development.
Whether you reside in Bellevue, Issaquah, Sammamish or the greater East Seattle region, you should know that you can count on our team to provide you with compassionate care and expert advice on raising kittens.
Being aware of the following five facts about kittens is essential for helping your little one grow up to be a happy and healthy cat:
1. If you are adopting a kitten rather than keeping one or more babies from your adult cat, it’s crucial to take the animal to see the vet for immunizations and a checkup.
2. If this is your first feline, be aware that kittens love to play. They will be happy to chase a string or a laser beam that you flash around the room. Even a paper bag or cardboard box can keep your kitten occupied, jumping in and out of it with exuberance.
3. Keep some healthy treats or some catnip handy to reward the kitten and reinforce good behavior.
4. Brush your kitten’s teeth on a regular basis, because felines cannot do this task themselves. Poor oral health can lead to infections that threaten the health of kittens and cats.
5. While you may not like considering medical issues when it comes to a new kitten, you can gain greater peace of mind if you purchase pet insurance now, since it can save you money on health issues such as disease or injury.
Make an Appointment for A Kitten Checkup at Meadows Cat Hospital Today
You want to make sure that your little kitten will have the best opportunities for a happy and healthy life. This is why it’s so important to come to the vet on a regular basis, for vaccinations and wellness checks according to the recommendation of your vet.
For more information on kitten and cat care or to make an appointment for your pet in Bellevue, Issaquah, Sammamish and the greater East Seattle area and beyond, please contact Meadows Cat Hospital today. If you will be visiting our veterinary facility for the first time, remember to inquire about our new client special!